- 6 Sweet oranges
- 3 cu. Water
- 5 cu. sugar
- Process canning jars and lids by cleaning in soapy water and then submerging in a simmering hot water bath to sterilize. Keep in hot water bath till ready to use.
- Carefully peel oranges. Set aside.
- Cut oranges in half, discard the seeds. Remove excess pith.
- Whirl fruit in a blender or food processor to make 2 cups pulp.
- Place in a 4-5 qt. pot and add water.
- Cut up peel into thin strips, to make ½ cu. Do not include pith.
- Add to pot with sugar, stir till well blended.
- To test for jell point, place a spoonful of marmalade on a plate and put in frig for a few minutes, if it jells, it’s ready. Or, just dip a spoon in marmalade, when it slides off spoon in a sheet, it’s ready.
Serves: 6 6oz Jars
Credit: Camille Van Sant