This pesto is made with 1/3 part parsley for a milder basil flavor.
- 1 cup basil leaves (tightly packed)
- ½ cup parsley leaves (packed)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- Process all ingredients except the oil in a blender or food processor.
- While the machine is running, drizzle the oil into the mix.
- Continue blending until the ingredients are chopped and form a thick sauce.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in a container with ½ inch layer of olive oil over the top to prevent browning.
**Tip: May be frozen in small cubes, don’t add cheese until just before serving though.
Serves: Makes about 1 cup
Credit: By ‘Cooking with the Healthful Herbs’