- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. chilled butter
- 2 handfuls of chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cups pureed fresh peaches(about 3)
- ½ cup plain fat free yogurt
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together ¾ cup brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or by criss-crossing two knives repeatedly till butter is the size of peas.
- Stir in nuts & sprinkle half of mix on bottom of greased 10” tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs till foamy. Add buttermilk, peaches & yogurt.
- Stir together flours, sugars, baking powder & soda. Add to mixing bowl, a little at a time, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan & spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on rest of streusel topping.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 min., until knife comes clean when inserted.
- Cool cake in pan 10 min before removing & slicing.
Credit: Camille Van Sant