- 4 eggs, beaten well
- Pinch of salt and ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. butter
- 4 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet on med heat.
- Add mushrooms, sauté till browned.
- Pour eggs over top of browned mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook eggs till only a little soft egg is apparent on top, you can make breaks in egg to let uncooked egg flow underneath to help cooking.
- Lay slices of cheese over ½ of the omelet. Turn off heat.
- Using 2 spatulas if necessary, fold ½ of omelet over the other.
- Keep in skillet 1-2 more minutes, then slide out onto a plate.
Credit: Camille Van Sant