- 3 apples, peeled, cored, & sliced into rings
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup veggie oil
- Combine all ingredients except apple, oil and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add sour cream and mix.
- Heat ½ oil in skillet on med-hi heat.
- Dip apples in batter, place carefully in skillet.
- Fry on one side 2 min., then flip and do the other side. Should be a golden brown.
- Add oil if needed.
- Remove apples onto paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar & serve warm.
Credit: Camille Van Sant