- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ minced cayenne pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh sage
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. half N half
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, flour, & cayenne. Cut butter into small bits into the bowl.
- Using a pastry blender or two knifes, cut butter and herbs into flour mix till well combined.
- Add half N half and mix in till forms a ball.
- Form 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Best if sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press your thumb into center to flatten somewhat.
- Bake in oven on 375 deg. for 10-12 min. ( they should not brown)
- Remove from oven and drizzle on melted butter.
- Cool on wire rack.
Serves: 40 pieces
Credit: Camille Van Sant