- 1 1/4 lbs. med mushrooms
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. minced green onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. crab meat
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 3/4 c. jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. white wine
- Remove stems from mushrooms & fine chop stems.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in sauté pan on med heat.
- Add stems & onion and cook till onion limp.
- Remove from heat & stir in lemon juice, worchstershire sauce, crab, bread crumbs, egg, dill & ¼ c. cheese till blended.
- Melt remaining butter in 9×12 baking pan.
- Turn mushroom caps in butter and place with cavity side up.
- Mound filling into caps. (May refrigerate at this point for later use.)
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese & pour wine into bottom of the pan. ( Not on top of mushrooms)
- Bake uncovered, 400 degrees for 15-20 min. till golden brown on top.
Serves: Serves 4-6 as an entrée or 10-12 as an appetizer.
Credit: Camille Van Sant