- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of garlic salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. red wine
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. fine chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. chopped red pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sauté mushrooms in oil and butter with Worcestershire, garlic salt & pepper.
- Deglaze with red wine.
- Remove from heat and in large bowl mix with rest on ingredients except pastry and oil.
- Roll out pastry sheet to large rectangle.
- Spread mushroom mixture longways over the center of pastry only leaving 1/2 inch margin on either end.
- With a paring knife, cut from the edge of the mushroom spread outward in 1 inch increments all the way down both sides of pastry.
- Starting from one end, grab the outer edge of first strip and fold over the center to the opposite edge of mushroom spread. Then take the first strip from the other side and fold over to the opposite edge of the mushroom spread overlapping the tip of the previous strip. Continue this process all the way down to the end.
- Brush oil on the top of the strudel. Carefully lift with two spatulas onto a large cookie sheet. Bake in 400 deg. oven 20 minutes.
- Slice into 1-2 inch strips and serve warm.
Serves: Serves 4-6
Credit: Camille Van Sant