- 1 loaf semolina or Italian bread
- 1 head garlic, roasted or 4 cloves, minced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 handful fresh chopped basil
- 1 handful fresh chopped marjoram
- ½ handful fresh chopped oregano
- Slice loaf in half lengthwise
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- Add rest of ingredients, simmer a few minutes.
- Brush onto loaf halves & place on cookie sheet.
- Broil in oven on middle rack til brown, about or 2-4 min.
*Tip* Roasting garlic is easy,cut the tip off the head & place in a ramekin or small baking dish & bake in oven on 350 deg for 35 min. til soft. Cool and squish out garlic (we use a rolling pin)
Credit: Cam Van Sant