Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 natural clay pot, 6-8 inches wide
- Non-toxic paints
- Pieces of Moss
What to do:
- Place the pot upside down on top of some newspaper. The bottom of the pot will be the roof of the toad house.
- Paint your door on the rim of the pot on one side.
- Paint whatever else you like. Such as windows grasses along the bottom, bugs and flies on the outside of the pot.
- Smash and mix the moss with some milk.
- Coat the top (really the bottom ) of the pot with the moss mixture and let dry.
- Place in moist, cool and shady part of your garden, putting one side of the pot into the soil and raising the side with the door up about one inch from the soil to let the toad in.
- Make sure it’s secure so it won’t drop down where the door is.
- Keep pot moist till the moss forms on top.
- Hopefully one will come, but if not, the little house will be a nice decoration for the garden.